Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A Quiltducation from the National Parks Service.... Early Block designs Churn Dash and others

The Nebraska National Parks Service wants you to know about quilts, and the meaning of some early quilt block designs.  It's funny how these same blocks are presented today in modern fabrics and look entirely different.  You would need a database to keep track of what they have been renamed as.

To read more about it Nebraska National Parks Service click HERE.


I just saw this same pattern this morning on an Eleanor Burns video, they kept the name of Churn Dash, that I believe can be made with Accuquilt templates.

Accuquilt Show and Tell Eleanor Burns click HERE for youtube video.


If you Google the pattern you can find it, in small sizes...OMG so cute.



Or for a quick quilt, a larger block......


I'm sure this one goes by another name.... you can find it on Abyquilts HERE.


Progress...  All large blocks are finished, no one is more surprised than me that these are finished.




4 comments:

celkalee said...

I used to live in Nebraska, quilting was alive and well! The churn dash Accquilt die just made it to my studio recently, it is in the queue. The cutter is amazing, every cut is clean and perfectly sized. That pattern is one of the first I ever made. Don't remember where it went actually! Your blocks are fantastic. Can't wait to see the quilt!

ELMO said...

Haha.... I want to see that churn dash quilt young lady. I love the graphic quality of the block.

Anonymous said...

Here in Louisiana, we call that quilt block Monkey Wrench.

ELMO said...

I like monkey wrench.