Sunday, February 9, 2020

The Oldest Quilt in the World.... inspiration


Sicilian Tristan Quilt
Linen and Cotton
Late 14C

Victoria and Albert Museum, read about it HERE.

I love this quilt, it's like nothing I've ever seen before.  It's apparently one section of a larger quilt, and had trapunto work.  Imagine what a modern quilt would look like with this sort of detailed quilting in it.  It boggles the mind.


Progress..... on the gusset like inserts



First line of stitching....


Flip side.....


Pinning second side....


Second line of stitching....





Trimmed to square up the block


One down, 119 to go.......



2 comments:

celkalee said...

I am loving it! Can't wait to see the finish. I have seen some beautiful hand-work but that one is amazing!

ELMO said...

I'm picturing that bit of handwork in the center of a crazy quilt... too many projects so little time.