Friday, November 6, 2020

And yet another Folkwear Intimacies night gown.... because I feel a need to spoil myself.

  I really wanted another silk night gown.  I'm using Folkwear Intimacies pattern 219, which I have used before.

I searched the stash and came up with this.  This was a silk bought on a trip to Houston, for no money.  I didn't even bother to inspect it too much, but it looks as if there is fading.  

These Heliotrope colors have a tendency to do this, so a night gown it is.




Front and back are the same, all cut on the bias.


The bodice pieces are pressed, over lapped and pinned and then top stitched.


Ooops how did that get there?  The lace is basted, then stitched, then....


I normally don't use the facing piece at the neckline, I just roll the edge and call it a day.
Straps in place...
Tada!! a new nightie!







Next..... could be clothes.... could be a scrap project.... I'll surprise you.

2 comments:

celkalee said...

What a pretty little gown! That purple is stunning. You are so creative with the lace. Now you can walk Mr. Boots with a large dose of glam!

ELMO said...

Thank you! Yes Boots and I will be styling, him in his tuxedo and me in my satin robe. haha