Saturday, January 29, 2011

All done Donna Karan Vogue 1220

Really comfortable and very cute, it even nips in at the waist, 



and it has pockets,


and I can never get enough of using my vintage buttonholer.




I left two buttons undone at the hem for this shot, now that I've worn it for a little while I can say that it needs a little something to keep it closed at the center front bust, otherwise it does open a bit.  This was a problem I didn't have on the other DK style (wrap blouse OOP pattern 1961) because it was cut on the bias, this pattern is not.  The dress on the envelope is made up in a dark charcoal, which I think is perfect for this style.  It's just the type of fabric I would walk right by because unless it's made up in a dress I would think it boring.

Here I've rolled the sleeves up a little more and used a contrast belt instead of the self fabric belt.
I'll be making this one again.

011

9 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

This looks so pretty and summery on you! I also like how you've tied the bow in the front so that it doesn't look so overwhelming!

Karin said...

It's lovely! It looks just the right weight for south Florida, but with sleeves so you can survive the air conditioning! Very flattering to your figure as well. You look very hour glass-y in this dress.

ELMO said...

Thank you!! I'm still playing with it, interesting how rolling the sleeves up a little more gives it a better line.

Oxana Bolgova (B.Oxy) said...

Your dress looks so comfy and stylish simultaneously!

Kim said...

I just love this! It looks so fresh and has such a great sillouette. I really need to make this.

Audrey said...

Your dress looks so cool and stylish, and what neat fabric. I am happy to see this made up as it is one of the patterns I plan to sew when the weather warms up.

ELMO said...

I was happy to get this pattern at all. I went to Joann's for the $3.99 sale and they only had one in my size. I think everyone should make it.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dress and really pretty fabric!

Connie said...

Pretty dress! I am glad to be able to see it made up. I'm sewing it in the shown charcoal tonight.