Once the bacon was all painted, I mounted the individual strips on Steam a Seam, then cut them out and played with placement. In the end I decided that they looked most like bacon when they are placed side by side as you would find them in their packaging or in a cast iron pan.
My niece is my personal project runway challenge, so I hope she likes them.
They looked a bit dark to me, so I've decided to punch it up with a drawstring with some more red rickrack.... or a white sheeting drawstring.... I really need to get these in the mail, so off I go.
Drawstring inserted, went with white satin which was much easier to thread through the casing, and makes it just a little more feminine.