Monday, March 30, 2020

Gaza Dress embroidery project.....

I've wanted to make something to hang around the house in, something dressy enough to not scare the neighbors when I go out for the mail, or if I have surprise company.  It was 91 degrees today... so, I was thinking linen, or cotton.  I wanted to engage in a bit of history bounding.... so here's what I came up with.  The Gaza dress from Folkwear patterns....... my version will be a bit shorter.


I really wanted to do a little embroidery, but could not find the 12 count waste canvas needed. Neither the count or the size, they recommend a piece that is 15" x 13".  Ideally, waste canvas by the yard would have been what I was looking for.  Then I pulled out some even weave linen from the stash, but it was 32 count, and the stitches were so tiny, even going over two threads.... the project would go into my old age.  Then I remembered.... the Bernina has a cross stitch program in the embroidery software.

Yes, I am cheating....

Here is the screen for the software cross stitch..... I thought I was sooo clever.

It took me about an hour to do the design in the software, I was very excited, the embroidery module wasn't acting up at all. So here is the first pass.....


Sigh...it did not stitch out the proportion needed, but it's still very nice looking, so we will keep it and get creative.

Here's a little hypnotic embroidery for you.....



2 comments:

celkalee said...

And just like that...the magic happens!

ELMO said...

We shall see how this progresses..... I have hope.