Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Fusible bamboo batting was kept in high temp conditions

Did I tell you about the time I stored my Fusi Boo in a sunroom in Florida for three years?  I wish I would have taken a photo of it before trying to straighten it out. It was a lump of batting.  Even when it was new it was sticking to itself, but not like it was after storage.  Here it is after unfolding and being left to relax on a bed for 3 days.


It doesn't look terrible but there are some areas that have stretched out because of the folds, and there is a little distortion in it.  What to do?  Not the most expensive batting in the stash but I wouldn't want to throw it out.  Since it is a fusible, I didn't want to use steam or an iron on it.  This was my best option.  It has been pinned to the carpet, in the hopes of "blocking" it back to a reasonably flat surface.  I'm not encouraged that the fusible can be reactivated but time will tell.

It's been a week, and it's finally relaxed enough to use.  Still some distortion around the corners but otherwise in good shape.  


I will try to use up all of my batting, so this doesn't happen again.




2 comments:

celkalee said...

A great idea!

ELMO said...

Thank you! It's nice to have floor space to be able to do it.