Sunday, March 3, 2019

Quilt show goodies!!

My shopping list went by the wayside, there were no fabrics that I wanted for the two quilts.  I am however closer to making a decision about what to use for the backing for both.  The batting samples were not being offered at the show, so no luck there.  The thread  I wanted to buy, sold out the first three hours of the show.  This didn't mean I left empty handed.  There are a few skills I need to work on, piecing, and quilting.  I've been following Cindy Needham, and I love her quilts, which meant these had to come home with me.

The background stencils.




Luckily I've loaded up on marking pens, chalks, markers, I have it all.  It will be a good time to test and see what I prefer.



If you've seen the post about the mini civil war quilt, it was the first time piecing a small design.  The pattern came with a drawing of the pattern pieces.  I was't thrilled with the results, They aren't bad, they look a little "primitive", but we can do better.  I had been looking at other ways to get the points even on the stars.  Foundation piecing is a consideration, but I needed the specialty add a quarter rulers for that method. 

The add a quarter rulers




All in all not a huge spending day, although, I did go a bit over budget, it is my birthday month.  See how we can justify spending, it's scary.

No comments: