Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Embroidery is tricky.... gaza dress color matching challenge...

Embroidery is trickier than I thought. Just for the record, my first project with the cross stitch feature in the embroidery program. There is a way to scale it up and down, and for the really experienced to get it all on one piece of fabric, but I had an idea for this and followed it through. Here’s what I didn’t expect.

The embroidery thread was “matched” with the navy linen, a bit darker, but that was ok (I am after all trying to work with what I have). Once stitched up on white it looks black. I wasn't expecting that....



So here we are... the plan... see above how nicely that thread matches the navy?
See how the embroidery looks better with the black?
I mean, come on....

So I'll be using the black linen, but it will have to be lined, because as you can see, it is sheer 
It's never easy people... but we will forge ahead.


More to come, this is definitely a slow sewing project, because that yoke will be hand sewn for the next step.

1 comment:

celkalee said...

Beautiful stitching. I think it will be beautiful. I will check the linen stash later but I think it is all too light. Take care, be safe, stay well.