Thursday, April 23, 2020

Gaza Dress Toile .... yikes

I really didn’t want to cut into the black linen until I knew that the pattern was going to fit.  So this is the where we are. I’m glad I tested it, because it’s going to need work. The pattern is a one size, fits all, so chances are it's going to need some tweaking. The sleeve pieces are larger than the armholes, the sleeves are too tight from the elbow down,  the neck is too small for me, and the side panels need to be lifted because.....


This is what it looks like from the side, on me, it kicks out more to the front and the back, so we'll take these corrections in order.  I think first, I should correct the neckline, and make it a bit larger.



The side panels are going to have to be lifted, the shoulders will need to be shaped.

 
The bib piece isn't sewn down yet, but this entire area pulls, hopefully it will lie down once this neckline is corrected.

The sleeves will need to widened from the elbow to wrist, and the excess will need to be addressed.

There's a lot of work here... I may have to take a break from this to ponder.



2 comments:

celkalee said...

I sure admire your tenacity! Fitting is the bane of my existance. I am sure you will make a gem of it!

ELMO said...

Yowza, I don't know about that..