Sunday, July 4, 2021

Firecracker red Issey Miyake 2753 complete...


All in all it was an interesting project, the skirt was the surprise for me, with as many changes that were made to the original pattern, it turned out well.  For the top, the illustration, is a bit different than the end result, there is more drape evenly scattered about the bust area.  


Someone with a smaller bust may have that result.  With as long as the sash piece was, I wish it were a bit longer, because I was running short on fabric, the sash was shortened aprox 1 1/2", not hemming it gained most of that back, but I would have liked another yard.





 All in all the experiment is a success.  The elastic is pulled flat on the body, the dress form is a little smaller than me.



 I can totally see myself wearing this with a t shirt and pair of sneakers.




What to do next..... There are so many ideas bouncing around in my head....


No comments: