Sunday, July 4, 2021

Vogue 2753 Issey Miyake, skirt hack

Back to this, the Vogue Issey Miyake 2753 skirt.  There is no way, I have enough fabric for the skirt


 I've been playing with eliminating the front gathers, which shortens that piece 40".  You can see below, the original pattern piece on the bottom, and the restyled piece to the top. Above you can see the pattern envelope, the front gathers would have been generous.  I've also added to the width, because I could not place it on the fold at center front, I wanted to bury the seam under the sash.

The next piece is a waist yoke that wraps from the center back to the just beyond the side seam to the front. The side seam is marked by the dart. Below, the original piece on the left, and the new piece on the right.

The back bottom back skirt, I've left as is. In truth, I believe this skirt in it's original form would have been entirely too long, so it may work out for the best.


The back skirt will be gathered, the front skirt will be flat, with handkerchief points, and the yoke will be flat, all attached to an elastic waistband.  It should all tuck in nicely under the thick gathered wrap.

As a preview, it should look like this, when sewn up, I won't show you the back for now, you'll have to wait until tomorrow.


The finished skirt, in the next post....




2 comments:

celkalee said...

Like your adjustments, the original may have been too voluminous. This is an elegant but leaner look, like it! You are infinately patient.

ELMO said...

Thanks celkalee!! I think I'll get some use out of this skirt.