Monday, September 27, 2021

The misadventures of the Alabama Chanin Kristina's Rose pattern...

 It was my intention to make an Alabama Chanin poncho as a Christmas present, it's not turning out to be as straight forward as I thought or hoped. In this book, there are a number of patterns for templates.

One of them is the Kristina's Rose pattern


Well, I took the book to Office Depot, and asked it they could enlarge it for me.  They said I would have to take the page out of the book first to send it through the scanner.  I normally don't vandalize my own books but this was a special case, I need to finish this before December and the embellishment I have chosen looks to be pretty involved.

So sad.....


After I cut it out she said the scanner can not enlarge this pattern 427%, only 400%.  Grrr. She scanned the page and it started printing, then this happened...

The paper jammed, no one is available to fix the large printer, and she sent me on my merry way.  I just mangled a book, not one of my better days.  Still resolved to get these little stinking roses done, I devised a plan, I would just use the black and white printer and enlarge it myself.  I sat in the car and planned out how many I would need and what sizes.  Then this happened.... This was a solid plan, all of the roses are exactly the same, just different sizes, just a matter of getting them to the correct size, and perhaps I could do a template for each of the four sizes, and lay it out on my fabric and voila!!  None of these are the correct size by the way, in case you were asking...... 



My only other option is to purchase the PDF template from Alabama Chanin and hope the printer at Office Depot is up to the task.... oh wait, guess what, they no longer have this pattern on the website.  This really has been a terrible day... I need my brain cells to regenerate to go forward with this project.
I'm going to try and contact them to see if they have a link or would be willing to find it for me..

My poor little book page, may you rest in your sheet protector......










No comments: