Saturday, May 29, 2010

Working with the Croqui

Planning a wardrobe is never easy, even if you're buying it. It involves really taking a look at how you live, what fabrics you like (what fabrics you can obtain), how they all combine for a workable solution.

DSC00096

DSC00097

This is the most cost effective sort of play, a little pen and paper and some time.
No muslins or patterns, just a look at what is practical, comfortable, and flattering. Most of what is here is based on items that have been in my wardrobe in the past. The "safari/military" jacket is based on one that I still have but is falling apart and needs to be replaced. V neck t-shirts are a good way to go for me, I have a few in my wardrobe that also need replacing. Jeans I need desperately, and shirts I find comfortable. What I really need is a replacement for the running shorts I wear day in and out. Maybe leggings? We shall see.

2 comments:

becki-c said...

It looks very stylish!

So, how do I get a croqui that really looks like me?

ELMO said...

These are just testers. I'll post instructions next, I'm still working out the kinks.