Wednesday, December 5, 2018

I'll be back sewing and posting soon, but I've been busy....

I don't think many sewists give themselves credit for how what we do, the skills we acquire sewing transfer into other areas.  Do not limit yourselves, you know more than you think. 

I made a drastic decision four years ago to move from a city to the country.  Proper country, with a well and septic tank, wildlife (and I'm including the neighbors), and open sky, and stars at night.  I bought a fixer upper, with two homes on it, and I'm just about finished.  So briefly, this is what I've been working on, with a very patient brother. This was the smaller of the two properties.

kitchen, before.... honestly it doesn't look too bad, except for that ant pile around the front door.


Now you would think that I could live with these cabinets, but they were pretty nasty.  The tile was cracked in more than one place, missing in others, and just bleh.  In the end, I couldn't get a dishwasher in the space, without removing the entire bottom cabinet.

I really did try to sand and repaint the top doors, but they had ripped out hardware in the center of the doors, which had left an indentation, and some of the hinges were just barely holding onto material.

All doors were replaced, and bottom cabinets only, then a few coats of paint on everything with new knobs, and appliances, and here we are.



The bottom cabinets are Ikea, the counter top from Lumber Liquidators, and the doors for all of the cabinets are from Sherr, the knobs were from the Habitat store, at $1.00 a piece, the farmhouse sink was rescued from Craigslist and powder coated.



The kitty and I have been living here for almost the last 3 years.  The big house was the epic project.  No pics of that yet, but maybe in 2019.

In the meantime, I need two formal gowns, and have to get up to speed with my sewing.


More to come....

2 comments:

celkalee said...

Wow, it has been 4 years? 4 years? seems like more to me! Please sew, please inspire, pretty please!

ELMO said...

My poor aching tiling hands are looking forward to sewing.