Thursday, December 20, 2018

Sometimes, you just don't know how things will turn out.....

In the 11th hour, the decision was made to draft my patterns, instead of trying to fit into a commercial pattern.  I have two outfits with options, and now desperately need a shawl....  This was my first outfit...




Hmmmm
Not sure about this top..... maybe this one is better.



This is the second, this is actually a morphed pattern from a t-shirt I made a few years back.  I borrowed the knot from the pattern and draped the skirt for fullness.


The fabric is a bit light, so when the event is over, it may become my night gown.
Just by coincedence, both the black top and the black dress have a knot at the bust.  It's just the best solution for a full bust.

Now back to hand rolling these hems....




2 comments:

celkalee said...

Well let me just say that in full length they both look great. Either will compliment you. Being so talented in drafting your own patterns and having a keen eye for fabrication lets you zoom right up to the 11th hour without fluster! Glad your back! Looking forward to more projects and techniques.

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.