Thursday, December 13, 2018

OOP Vogue 1893 Carolina Herrera Muslin

When it rains it pours, years have passed where I have not needed a formal gown.  This month I need two.  Today and through the weekend, some patterns will be auditioned in muslin.  I will need to complete them both by next Friday :).

Here is the first...

The muslin has already had a first fitting, and it's not bad. A few tweaks, and now it's time to add the sleeves, and decide if the flounces will be added.  So far, the top fits well, but I am hoping that the sleeves are a slim fit.  I had thought that if this version, without the flounces, could stand on it's own, that would be a good dress.


Trying not to make a judgement on the skirt until the flounces are on, and second guessing if this will be a good silhouette.  Flounces will add visual bulk, even in a light fabric.  A drop waist would probably be better for my body type.   It's is neither an a line, or a full skirt.  It does have the advantage of giving me a lot of leg room.


This looks better on.  If you are wondering where the other back pieces are, I left them off for now,  it's a lot of layers to pin together.
This is where you can see the detail.


Advance? or move on to the next contender.... tune in tomorrow to find out!

2 comments:

celkalee said...

Now don't laugh but I was scrolling thru Bloglovin and I saw the photo of the dress and thought...wow, I know who might be looking for something just like this. Then I opened the post and guess what? It was YOU! I love it. It is classic and special. What type of fabric are you going to use? By Friday? Oh my......................

ELMO said...

These are just auditions.... It may not make the cut.