Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Inspiration garment from Victoria and Albert Museum Albania....1800's jacket... and progress on the corset

According to the rules of the V&A website, I'm not allowed to lead with a photo of the garment, so here is the corset so far.

The boning has not been added yet, it is pin basted for fit, it still needs to be bound on the edges, grommets, flossing, supplies have been ordered, so this is going in the WIP list until the items get here. Looks like the theme for February is.... I don't have everything I need to finish my projects.
  




Onto the inspiration garment....

I'm living in the wrong timeline, I thought this was stunning.  Albania, 1800's women's jacket, silk brocade, trimmed with metal braid.  I can see this with a long black gauze skirt, or some high waisted pants.  I see this and wonder, are we really so technologically advanced that we can't recreate fashion and materials from the past? Hmm makes me wonder.




This is the closeup of the buttons in the same collection.

Victoria & Albert Archive..... click HERE.

2 comments:

Kimbersew said...

O Waow!! So divine! and with black high-waisted pants, perfection!

ELMO said...

We need to shop more at museums... they have all the good stuff.