Sunday, February 16, 2020

Vintage Scarf Dress...Sustainable Fashion . it was a trend in 2012 and I just found out...

Did I see this in 2012?  I don't think so.  I recently watched, yet another youtube video, it was about repurposing vintage clothing.  The presenter has a store in LA, and has some crazy beautiful clothing.
She pulled out a vintage scarf dress, that she said was her favorite, and I thought, I understand why.  Could be that I didn't see this when it was a trend because I didn't have that many vintage scarves around, it wouldn't have been on my radar.  Since my move in 2015, my favorite thrift store would have some amazing silk scarves, and I started buying them.... why?  Haven't a clue.... this could be the reason why, there was a dress lurking in the scarves.... or a kimono... or a top.





The Way We Wore... Sustainable Fashion... click HERE.  The video is 19 minutes but if you are looking for ideas to repurpose, you might find a nugget in here.








Her Vintage dress by Gigi Renee Designs... the designers website HERE


Then onto the web and Pinterest for some other versions and ideas....

I'm not skinny enough for this one


These are pretty cute.

More Pinterest inspiration HERE.

2 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

How have I missed that you're back to blogging! Just spent some time reading all your new posts and seeing how quilting has come back into your life. I will be on the lookout for new blog posts!

ELMO said...

Hey Carolyn, Yes, I'm back, it's good to see you. I'll be sewing some garments, soon, it's time. Quilts take sooo long ;)