Saturday, September 11, 2010

Featherweight case part 2

So after the 8 hours, the smell is almost gone.  So I started taking a good look at the case to see what could be salvaged.  Someone had peeled back part of the black outer cloth and used packing tape to secure the bottom.  One the tape was removed the bottom fell off, then part of the side followed, so I decided to test how much of the fabric was still attached and here's what I ended up with.



You can see how the case fabric was disentegrating, the black dust on either side of the case was the issue.
I think in the end it's a good thing that this happened, so tomorrow I get to scrap off the cloth that remains.

No comments: