In order to fix the Mandy boat tee I went searching for another simple tee pattern. This was the muslin for The Kirsten Kimono tee, available Here. I downloaded this pattern when it first came out a few years ago, it looks like she's made it more user friendly. This pattern has a lot of good reviews, so I grabbed some scrap jersey and got to piecing.
I didn't have enough to cut the back out of one piece as the pattern calls for, so I made it work.
The machine did not like this fabric, which is a buttery rayon jersey, and it kept on getting caught in the plate, so it is catch stitched by hand on the neck, sleeve and hem. I hand stitched a tank top the same way, fearful it would not make it through the washing machine and it has held up perfectly after 4 years. I also like how it looks but it is by no means a fast solution.
I think this will be the pattern that will save the Mandy Boat Tee, and it will be a go to pattern for another scrap of jersey lying on the table.....first pattern ever, I haven't had to make adjustments to.