I really wanted to have this finished today but I've run into a few issues. First, the lace required for this project is 1" and 2". I found some lace in the stash but it wasn't the proper width, so I decided to sew them together for this project.
I really liked the top combination so started preparing the laces, since this was in my mother's stash, it was in a big ball. I untangled it, and wound it on a cardboard. Then I decided to press it, so that I could start making strips and this is what happened.
Cotton rot, it shredded as I extended it, so that was out.
Well then one type of lace it is.
This has taken a lot of time, and a lot of thread.
Here's where I am...Front
I don't have the ribbon insert lace in a proper color, and I've left the front open so that I can get in and out easily. There is still plenty to do on what I thought would be a simple little project.