Monday, February 27, 2012

VPLL Challenge pattern #0336 Ladies Princess Slip

This is the first attempt at the muslin. The neckline needed to be dropped for me (this was just personal preference), it was also graded to my size. I need to scoop out the front armhole and move the straps in a little towards the neck, but I have to say I really like the gentle curves of the pattern. I expect to really like the final result.

This is the front

This is what was added to the back shoulder (about 3 1/2" to the back shoulder strap), the front shoulder increased by 3/4", and dropped the neckline (front and back), it also dropped the natural waist (but I am long waisted).

Below you will see the original vs what I will eventually do with this pattern.
I would like to use it as a slip in 2012, but with the some of the details from 1912.


Source Material before all of the changes, provided by the Vintage Pattern Lending Library.

The first pattern for the VPLL project is the Ladies Princess Slip from the March 24, 1912 edition of Mode Illustree.

1 comment:

fabriquefantastique said...

love this project, interested to see how others (not me) approach it.