Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vogue 8833 finished & shoulder placement



IMG_6340



Just when I was ready to blame Vogue..... I realized that this pattern is a little different than most.  The back bodice actually extends onto the front, so the shoulder line is aprox, 1 1/2" from the sewn seam.  My marks had worn off on the body, so I defaulted to the normal placement (top cap of sleeve at the shoulder seam).

  The edge of the ruler would be the sewn seam, and the red dash is the shoulder placement on the wearer.
IMG_6337



That's when I ended up with this..... horror!!

IMG_6333


When it should really look like this....(I know black and shiny, really difficult to see that this is infinitely better).


IMG_6332

The true test of gaping is wearing it and lifting your arms, and seeing if it rides up and opens down the center front.
I wore it for a little while and even after the changes I made there is still slight gaping on me, also, I wear my sleeves rolled up, and it was tight around the arm.  The sleeve placket would have to be deepened.  It's really a shame because the shape of the princess line is nice, and there isn't a lot of excess ease in the sleeve cap. I think that breaking the code on the non gaping wrap top (excluding knits), is that the armhole would need to be higher, or it would have to be a flutter sleeve.  I think with either I would not have gaping.  There were a lot of good points, but at least for me, there will need to be more work done, in the meantime, I have a new pajama top.

2 comments:

celkalee said...

I see what you mean about the shoulder. Pajama top, I thought I was the only one who did that!

ELMO said...

Actually can't even use it for that, the armholes are too low and it would be uncomfortable.