Monday, June 14, 2021

Vogue 1184 The swishy Sandra Benzina shorts



Threads Magazine did their own version below, aren't they cute? 

I would totally wear those, the shorts I find in the stores have either a very short inseam (no one wants to see that on me), or a very long inseam.  I was just looking for a cute pair at or above the knee.




Wow, are these bright, and big. I feel like these posts are like those "Nailed it" baking posts featuring the unrecognizable "afters".   I fear another one for the thrift store pile.  So, another toile, I may just make toiles this year and no clothes.  I picked the wrong fabric, if you make these shorts, pick a fabric with drape, and look at those finished measurements and don't let the envelope sway you.  I removed 2" from the back crotch seam, which pulled my side seams towards the back..... serendipitously, it placed the pocket openings right at the side seams.... so..... "Nailed it".  They could be cute in the right fabric, so I've cut them out of a linen, and will get back to them after this month.  Next up will be Vogue 8499, some oversized ankle length pants, they look a little Japanese inspired, so this should be interesting..... stay tuned.

2 comments:

celkalee said...

Swishy shorts. Question, can you tell if the "pleats" on the magazine pair were stitched, you know like pinched and stitched about 1/4 inch to make a permanent crease? I don't know what you call that. My MIL had many items with that detail. It did keep the design lines nice and straight. You will look darn cute in shorts, I am sure.

ELMO said...

Funny you mention that, I was thinking about stitching the pleat down completely, because in the crisp fabric it pops open. I don't believe the magazine pair are stitched down but they look like they have more pleats. We shall see in the next pair which I've cut out of linen.