Friday, June 25, 2021

Frenway Reweaving Instructions, and my latest obession Dolce Gabbana patchwork

The answer to the mystery tool post is at the bottom.

My virtual shopping has turned up this magnificent top, that I believe has sold out on Net a porter. Dolce and Gabbana have a number, of what look like patched styles in their collection.  Patchwork doesn't have to be boring people.

D&G Patchwork collection

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2021-ready-to-wear/dolce-gabbana

Lately, I've noticed images disappearing from the internet, so take that screen shot when you can and file it. Lesson learned.

Now, I don't know if the patchwork is actually seamed, or if it's just a print that looks like a patchwork, but I thought this was just adorable.

This should be easy enough to make, if you have scarves (which I do), or scraps of silk crepe from other projects.  The shorts were pretty fine as well, but was slow on the draw getting that screen shot.  Dolce and Gabbana have other colorways in the shorts available but not the ones to match this blouse (sad face), that said I could see a number of personalized variations with  fabric in the stash.


I'm guessing a dartless top, with a sabrina neckline, balloon or bishop's sleeves,  cinched in with the fabric belt, the sleeves would be the most difficult to track down.

This isn't perfect but you could work with it, Butterick 6711, it would give you a similar silhouette. I might make it as is, and in the next version add some fullness to the sleeves, because the cap gathering looks very generous on the D&G version above.


Wouldn't it be nice if we could enter in the details we are looking for in the search engine and let it do our work for us?  We should suggest this to the big 4 ;)





FABRICON DEVICE

 The super sleuths over at Patternreview.com identified the device in the last post.  It is used in reweaving fabrics, the tool is the Fabricon Invisible Reweaving tool.  If you want to have a look at the art of reweaving, you can have a look at the course material here..... French Reweaving Instructions.  There are also a few original books still listed on various websites, various pricing.  The scan in the link is a good place if you are just curious, the photographs aren't the best quality, but illustrations are clear.



I believe I will keep it, and try it out on a two pair of pants that met some moths or beetles, not sure which, because I never met the buggers, only their evidence of their voracious appetites. 

If you are still curious here are some videos illustrating the technique at hyperspeed!!  She has Ginzu hands.

Without a Trace - Youtube



2 comments:

Monica D said...

I too wish that I could input a description of the features I looking for when searching for patterns on the Big 4 :( And I have tried as a last desperate result :(

I see that patchwork have is back. I really want a 1970's patchwork leather jacket.

Great info on the fabric weaving tool.

Happy creating ... FIESTA :)

ELMO said...

Hiya Monica, I do the same, when I can't search the envelope photos, in go the features. I've seen some denim patchwork, but maybe they'll bring the leather patchwork back in the fall.