Thursday, June 10, 2021

Vogue 1310 Ralph Rucci bias top

 Spring 2011 Resort collection


Vogue 1310




I had a really nice silk but didn't want to risk it until a toile was sewn up. 
For me the neckline was too low, and narrow, the photo shows a wider neckline.  If I would have sewn it up as is, the bottom neckline curve would hit the top of my bra.  
I've also closed the armhole a bit around the front curve.



Here is the muslin, once I tried it on, I knew it wasn't going to work for me, so instead of lining it with the self fabric, the neckline was finished with bias, and the armholes and hem were turned with a narrow hem.


The way the bias drapes across the chest, pulled it in a way that forced the side seams forward, and flattens the back, so there is no drape on my body.  You can see this on the dress form, where the front has more drape at the hemline, and the back, has less fullness. Perhaps in a fabric with a little less drape it may not be as noticeable but I will need to add to the back to balance the side seams. An FBA might be needed as well.... there might be another version in the future, in the meantime, this will go to the neighborhood Hospice thrift.....




2 comments:

NES said...

THANK YOU - so very much, your sampling of patterns is amazing, and I for one, truly appreciate your photos, and descriptions of the patterns you look at.

ELMO said...

Enjoy!