Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Liberty of London Tana Lawn, Queue for the Zoo Night shirt plan......

Plans for a night shirt .... this is a Liberty Tana lawn, called Queue for the Zoo.  I had to have it, the giraffes are wearing sneakers, the Elephant has a suitcase, and a parrot is wearing a fez... ahh I love funny prints ;).


This is what it looked like on the website.



And this to scale... on a dress form, it will have a direction, so I'll need to keep that in mind when placing the pattern pieces, I don't want my animals upside down.




These are the auditions for the contrast fabric.

Black organic cotton voile...


Embroidered organdy, and cotton sateen
I would love to work the embroidered panel in, but it's too short for a bib.  I may need to find another project to use it on.

More to come.....


4 comments:

AllisonC said...

I adore this print, haven't seen it before! Really looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

celkalee said...

Oh my, what fabulous fabric! I always think floral with tana lawn! This should really be cute! Love it!

LindaC said...

I love that fabric! I too love silly animal prints. I'm afraid that I'm too old to wear them, but I don't care. I do anyway. I love the contrast black fabric with this print. It really makes it look classy.

ELMO said...

Hello AllisonC!! It was fun, and I found the cameleon is holding a magnifying glass in his tail.

Celkalee, the Tana Lawn's have modern abstract prints as well, but you are right the early prints looked to be all floral.

LindaC, You should wear what you like.