Friday, January 31, 2020

Organizing boning...... gearing up to the Laughing Mercantile corset....

It's been such a long time since I bought boning, I'm not sure if these were for a specific project, or if they were purchased at a thrift store.  They had been bound together with a rubber band, but the bands fell apart, so this is my temporary solution.


Fat channels are sewn into a pocket protector, with a large straight stitch.
Since they will be sitting in a box, and not in a binder, they should keep better than wrapped with rubber bands, and you can quickly place them down on a mat, to determine what size is in each section. 7 different sizes, what was I thinking?


A more permanent solution would be using that heavy duty vinyl that Joann's sells in the home dec section.

Below February's project no. 2
Another quilt will be started while I wait for supplies.


It's going to be a great month for sewing.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boning, I don't think I have ever really needed boning since I am a hit and miss Sewist! I am anxious to see your construction techniques, A few years ago I remember several bloggers doing a corset challenge. They were beautiful actually. I remember one in a navy blue silky fabric with bubble-gum pink accents. Beautiful. Kaffe?

ELMO said...

My corset will be boring by comparison, the only appropriate weight I have is a light weight denim. There will be NO Kaffe in this project.