Friday, January 31, 2020

2020 Quilt No. 2... Kaffe Fassett Handkerchief Corners Part 1

Another month, another quilt, some quilts just speak to you.  I don't think I have the same color palette as the quilt in the book.  I'm learning that when you see a quilt you want to make, it's best to buy all of the fabric you need for the quilt when it's released.  These yarn dyed stripes had some beautiful red colorways when they were introduced but I've had a difficult time sourcing this group, even on ebay and etsy.

It's from the book Passionate Patchwork first published in 2001.


This is going to be interesting, the patterns are grouped in three.  A little sleuthing was necessary identifying them online. 

Not sure if this will be more complicated than the log cabin.

The pieces are stitched in the bias direction, which is something that I didn't encounter in the log cabin, but did on the jewel box quilt.  Fingers crossed it all goes well.

Time to get cutting.


1 comment:

celkalee said...

I am so far behind in posts. I just checked my Kaffe collection. No luck, my little pile of stripes doesn't even come close to your colors everything else is florals. Sorry.

You have a conundrum there, your math skills are much better than mine!!!